With pianist/curator Frederik Croene and composers Cathy van Eck, Marianthi Papalexandri-Alexandri, Falk Hübner, Matthew Shlomowitz, Simon Steen-Andersen, David Helbich, Stefan Prins and Laura Maes.
Eight composers accepted to compose ‘a piece’ for ‘a pianist’. No restrictions have been formulated; the composers are free to rephrase the role of the pianist, his instrument or even the very concept of a recital itself. The composers have been selected because of their resistance to categorisation and a common interest in visual, theatrical, intersensory and conceptual aspects of contemporary classical composition.
Cathy van Eck - pièce d'ameublement
In this performance the piano is used in its long tradition as a piece of furniture in the living room. The piano is equipped with various contact microphones. The pianist will not play the piano by using the keys but will create a musique d'ameublement through various everyday activities such as dusting off and decorating the piano.
Performances 492 kilo
- 2.9.2011 (toonmoment): De pianofabriek, Fortstraat 35, 1060 Sint-Gillis
- 30.9.2011: De Singel, Desguinlei 25, 2018 Antwerpen
- 9.10.2011: Concertgebouw, 't Zand 34, 8000 Brugge
- 11-12.11.2011: November Music, Den Bosch, Nederland
- 4.12.2011: Intro In Situ, Maastricht, Nederland